Nothing is painful bigger than when you have an inflatable hot tub and you see there is a leak in your Hot Tub. If you find the leak all you have to fix the leak as soon as possible. If the leak will not fix by the time the leak will develop into a bigger hole, and that might be a problem which impossible to repair.
In this article, we present to you how to find a leak in an inflatable hot tub and how to fix it with 3 different methods. If you want to find more about those methods, So stay tuned with us.
If you are thinking that you need a lot of special equipment or help from a professional to find the leak in your hot tub, but you are wrong for finding the leak you have some basic things like the spray bottle, Water, Vinyl Pool Patch, Soap and Paper Towel.
Reasons for getting Leaks In an Inflatable Hot Tub
Here we have mentioned some of the major reasons which happen the leak in Inflatable Hot Tubs.
Age matters most at anything if you are using your Hot Tub for a long time which would be the main reason behind having a leak in your hot tub Because if your hot tub is getting older you might expect some leaks over the time.
- Using Frequently
If your inflatable hot tub is not new anymore and you are using it frequently that might also be the main reason behind your hot tub started to leak.
- Improper Maintenance
Maintenance is the key point that makes everything last longer. If you are not treating your hot tub as the instructions manual of the manufacturer than the leaks will appear soon.
- Sharp Object
You have to be very careful with the sharper objects when you are using your hot tub. You have to strictly pay attention to any kind of an object which is a sharper and you should be careful that you don’t bring them inside the tub.
How to Find a Leak in an Inflatable Hot Tub
There are three methods of finding a leak in an inflatable hot tub with these methods you don’t need any help of any professionals the methods are listed here with step by step guide:
Method 1: Finding Leak With A Spray Bottle.
In this method, you need 5 things: things are definitely a spray bottle, Water, Vinyl Pool Patch, Soap and Paper Towel.
When you have all the things you are ready to go and follow all steps:
- First, use the water and soap – Fill the spray bottle with water and soap and shake it very well. This is very important for finding the leak easily.
- Find the area you think that might be leaking area and spray it with this mixture in a spray bottle. If you see there are coming bubbles, which means you found the leak.
- Mark the area with a marker where you found the leak.
- Let the air go out completely from the leak.
- Apply a patch where you found the leak.
- dry the affected area with the help of a paper towel so the patch will be able to fix it.
Method 2: Marking The Water Level For Finding The Leak.
You have to follow only five steps to find the leak in your hot tub:
Here is a simple, easy method to finding a leak in an inflatable hot tub:
- All you have to do is, fill your hot tub with air and water.
- Mark the level of the water which you filled in your inflatable hot tub.
- Leave the spa un-used for at least one or two hours.
- then go back and check the water level to see if it has dropped or not.
- The water level has dropped which determines how bad the leak is.
Once you know there is a leak, empty the water from the inflatable hot tub then check for the leak with the help of Method 1.
Method 3: Filling The Hot Tub For Finding The Leak.
- Start this method for finding the leak in an inflatable hot tub by filling your hot tub with water as usual.
- Mark where the water level is.
- Leave your hot tub un-used for at least 1-2 hours.
- If the water has dropped, look around the hot tub area to see where it went.
- The easier part of this method is that if you notice an area that is wet around the tub then you have a brief idea of where to start investigating.
- How big the wet area is will let you know how big the actual hole or rip is for the hot tub.
- If you can’t find the leak by filling the hot tub again with water.
- Add this time dark food color.
- The food color will give you a perfect sign to wherever the leak is coming from in the tub.
This method gives you a perfect view of the leak in an inflatable hot tub. Once you found the leak dry the wet area and apply Method 1 for repairing.
If you have a doubt on your inflatable hot tub for the leak in apply Method 1 for initial leak finding. If you can’t find the leak with Method 1 go for Method 2 or Method 3. once you found the leak dry the wet area with the help of a paper towel and apply the Vinyl Pool Patch for leak repairing.
How to Fix the Leak in an Inflatable Hot Tub?
Now you find the leak and it’s time to repair it. For repairing the leak you have to use a patch. When using the patch you have to pay attention to instruction because different manufacturers have different instructions for using their patch kit.
Here is some common instruction for using a patch:
- When you found the leak add adhesive to the back of the patch and stick the patch to the leak affected area.
- Leave the patch for at least 2 to 3 hours for fixing it.
- Let the patch completely dry after that add some water.
- Lastly, spray the affected area again to observe if there is going to be a bubble or not. if there are no bubbles, then, the leak has been properly fixed.
- If you found the bubbles, you will have to do it all again.
Do I need a professional for leak repairing?
The simple answer is you don’t need any professional for finding and repairing the leak in your inflatable hot tub. You can easily find and repair any leak in your hot tub.
A skilled technician can easily charge up to $100 for finding and patching the leak in your hot tub. Why you pay the amount to a technician when you can easily do the same job as well with the help of our finding and repairing the leak in hot tub guide.
Some Common Places Where An Inflatable Hot Tub Leaks Occur
If you feel there is a leak in your inflatable hot tub, All you have to find the leak and fix it. If you confuse where to find the leak there are some specific areas at the hot tub where leaks are most likely to occur. So we have mentioned 2 most common places where leaks occur in an inflatable hot tub:
- Pump sealing.
- The heating assembly.
If your Inflatable hot tub is old now, there might be a leak in the pump sealing area. Mostly Leaks occur in the pump sealing with usage and age of the tub. Pump sealing can be damaged due to long time using it. You will have to purchase a new pump sealing or repair the existing if that is possible.
When the leaks occur in the pump sealing it is time to say bye-bye to the existing pump and hello new pump. But the downside of this method is sometimes pumps can be as expensive as the inflatable hot tub itself.
The Heating Assembly
If the leaks are starting with hot tub heating assembly. There are two main areas where the leaks can occur in heating assembly with valves and union fittings. In this case, you will definitely need to hire a professional for finding where the problem is in the valves or union fittings.
- The valves and
- The union fittings
As with the pump sealing, call in the service of a professional if you find out that the valves are the cause of the leaks. This professional will also advise you on whether you should repair or change the valves.
The Union Fittings
If you are facing the problem of union fitting, most chances are they are loose enough, and that’s why you are facing a leak there. For tightening the union you can simply use your hands and tighten it. If you can’t do, simply use a wrench, but you have to be very careful because you might damage the heater.
If you have a leak in your inflatable hot tub go and repair it as soon as possible before it turns into a big hole and damages your hot tub properly. You can locate and fix the leak in your hot tub with the help of our “How to find a leak in an inflatable hot tub” method guide without the help of any professional.
In some cases, you need a professional for fixing this issue because a skilled technician does the job more effectively rather than us.
If you have still any query feel free to ask in the comment section we will try to answer as soon as possible.
How to Keep Frogs Out of the Hot Tub
We have just completed a 7 step guide on how to keep frogs out of the hot tub. These are the methods we use to keep frogs away from hot tubs.
How To Fix a Frozen Hot Tub?
Knowing how to fix a frozen hot tub is very important during winter. To unfreeze your hot tub you need a heater, wrench, hot water, and...
How to Get Rid of Ants in a Hot Tub?
If you got ants in your hot tub don't worry. We have explain how to get rid of ants in a hot tub with some simple methods. Check it out.
Are Inflatable Hot Tubs Good in Winter?
If you are wondering are inflatable hot tubs good in winter then the answer is yes, but not always. Some inflatable hot tubs struggle to maintain...
How to Convert to a Salt Water Hot Tub
We have made a guide on how to convert to a salt water hot tub. The process is easy, but you need a few tools. You need a chlorinator...
Salt Water vs Chlorine Hot Tubs
What's the difference between salt water vs chlorine hot tubs? The main difference is the chemicals they use. The salt water uses salt to...