Inflatable hot tubs are a cheaper version of built-in hot tubs and just as the name implies, they are inflatable which makes it easy to move around.
They have become very popular and in high demand during the years. Why? Because it has proven to be budget-friendly, extremely easy to pack up, and perfect for soaking and relaxing in the backyard on a lazy day. Whatever the reason might be, it’s definitely worth getting one.
But, a lot of people don’t know if this type of hot tubs come with seats or not. So, do inflatable hot tubs have seats?
No, inflatable hot tubs do not have seats, they do not come with seats. However, the absence of seats does not make them rigid and uncomfortable. On the contrary, it’s the opposite.
They have been padded and designed in a way that makes it comfortable to sit in it all day and relax. Nevertheless, you can always get a separate hot tub seat if you feel it’s more comfortable for you and the good news is that you can always move the seats anywhere you like in the hot tub since it isn’t fixed.
Are Separate Hot Tub Seats Worth It?
Before deciding whether getting a separate hot tub seat is worth it, let’s take a quick look at what separate hot tub seats are and then delve into their pros and cons.
As stated earlier, inflatable hot tubs do not come with seats but separate seats can be bought. However, note that there are several cheap hot tub seats out there on the internet that causes more harm than good so you have to be aware when getting yourself one.
What’s So Good About Hot Tub Seats?
- They Are Affordable: A good and quality inflatable hot tub seat should cost around $60 to $70 which is a fair price.
- Useful to Boost Heights: If you have kids, then it’s probably a wise choice to get some hot tub seats because it increases kids’ height and keeps their head above the water, the same goes for someone very short. The height of the seat is also adjustable.
- They Are Removable: They aren’t fixed and what that means is that you can always decide to remove it and fix it, depending on your needs at the moment.
- Seats Are Comfortable: While the padded floors are comfortable, the seats are even better and keeps you more comfortable while seating.
- Improve Posture: Some great hot tub seats increase posture.
There you have it. The pros! What do you think? Are they worth it?
Yes, hot tub seats are worth it, clearly, because it provides more comfort, it provides a variety of seating positions, and most importantly, it assists in improving one’s posture. You should definitely get one.
You can get your separate spa seats at online stores or some walk-in stores but whatever you do, ensure that you are getting the perfect seats by making sure that the model numbers fit.
However, there are some seats that can fit with most brands and there are also particular branded hot tub seats that can fit with all types of hot tubs for that particular brand. Be careful when buying.
Hot tub seats are very affordable. The price ranges but, you can get an average spa seat for as low as $30, an expensive one for as low as $80, and even cheaper ones for $10 and less. Try not to get the extra cheaper ones because they can end up becoming a great nuisance.
What’s Bad About Hot Tub Seats?
The major con of having hot tub seats is space. It takes up space and reduces the number of people that can be in the tub at a time. However, while this can be a major concern. It’s not to be forgotten that the seats are removable and hence can be removed when needed.
This will be a huge challenge if you have a large family or have friends that show up at your house to relax and get comfortable.
For example, with hot tub seats, you can sit with 3 people but without a seat, you can sit out with a higher number.
Related Read: Inflatable Hot Tubs vs Regular Hot Tubs?
How to Find the Perfect Inflatable Hot Tub Seats?
There are three ways I would recommend for finding the perfect inflatable hot tub seat.
The first is what I like to call:
- Triple R
- Understand Your Needs
- Family and Friend’s Recommendations.
Triple R contains three steps to find the perfect inflatable hot tub seats, they include:
Step 1: Research
Google is called our best friend for a reason, Why? Because you can search for anything on google and get an answer. That’s exactly what you are going to do first.
You are going to research by simply asking google simple questions like the best brand of hot tub seats, best affordable hot tub seat.
Research and make sure your keywords are the same as what you are really searching for. Some keywords include affordable, best, quality, etc.
Step 2: Ratings
After searching, you’d probably be redirected to online stores. If you do not find yourself redirected to these online stores, do not fret! Just type in the brands or the names of the perfect hot tub seats you have seen online.
Now, it’s time to streamline your options and while doing this, you have to get rid of choices that don’t feel as great as the picture or the personal review. This is where ratings come in, go through the ratings, and go with the choices that have the best ratings.
Related Read: How To Not Feel Tired After A Hot Tub Bath?
Step 3: Reviews
Now, you’d probably be left with 2,3,5, or even 1 choice but before making a decision to purchase the product, read the reviews.
Ratings can be deceiving but reviews are where you would find out honest responses, so go ahead and read the reviews then, make your decision based on the product you think had the best review.
- Understand Your Needs: I stated above that a lot of factors should be put into consideration before getting yourself a hot tub.
- Budget/price: What’s your budget? How much are you willing to invest in getting yourself a portable hot tub? Write out your budget.
- Hot Tub Use: How and what do you plan on using it for? Is it for relaxing with your spouse alone or, do you have kids? Is it for a social gathering where you invite a few friends or family? Answering these questions will help you in streamlining the type of hot tub you can get.
- Size and Space: You now know what you want to use your inflatable hot tub for since you answered the question above. Now, what size is suitable for use? Get the appropriate size.
- Space: This is another factor you must put into consideration. Do you have enough space for it in your backyard or compound? If not, you’d have to buy a smaller one that your available space will be able to accommodate.
- Shape: What shape would you love to get? And what shape would fit the area you plan to set it up better? There are several shapes but the most common ones are circle and square.
After deciding based on those points above, it should be easier for you to make a decision but, if you are still finding it a huge task to make a choice, then you can ask your spouse or friend for their opinion.
- Family or Friends Recommendations: You might have a friend or family that has had difficulty choosing a perfect hot tub seat in the past too and have finally found a perfect one after a lot of trials and error. Ask them for recommendations.
What You Should Expect to Come With Your Inflatable Hot Tub?
After purchasing your inflatable hot tub, here is the list of items that should come from such a purchase.
- The Pump: For pumping in air and water to bring your hot tub to life.
- Filter and Storage: The Filter cartridge is mainly for filtering out dirt while the storages are extras you would need while setting up your hot tub.
- Insulated Cover: The cover to your hot tub. Please ensure that your hot tub is always closed with a kid security lock in place when not in use especially if you have kids.
- Instruction Guide: The name is pretty much self-explanatory, refer to it while setting up your hot tub.
- Air Valve: Responsible for inflation and deflation of hot tub.
- Digital Control Panel: This is simply the control panel for setting your water temperature and basically controlling the functions of the hot tub.
- Inflatable Hot Tub: Of course, this has to come with the package otherwise we wouldn’t be getting a backyard hot tub anytime soon.
Other items that might come with your inflatable hot tub are an insulated ground mat, chemical floater, repair kit, etc.
Now, let’s take a quick look at a few tips on how to maintain your inflatable hot tub after setting it up.
- Always ensure spa cover is clean and Kid’s lock is secure when not in use.
- Clean your inflatable hot tub filter as regularly as you use the hot tub. At least, a weekly clean will do.
- Test and adjust portable hot tub water balance three times per week.
- Clean the hot tub regularly. Depending on how often you use it, a weekly clean will be great too.
- Drain and change the water every three months.
Did I speak explicitly on Inflatable Hot Tub Seats?